Russian language media in the inter-ethnic context in Estonia
- Date: 31 October, 15:15–17:00
- Location: Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES) Gamla Torget 3, 3rd floor, IRES Library
- Lecturer: Aleksei Ivanov is an Estonian journalist and media producer, a native of Narva, Estonia, where nearly 95% of the population are Russian speakers. After completing his service in the Estonian military, he had had a two year stint in Ireland where he worked as a reporter for a Russian language newspaper. Since his return to Estonia in 2007 he has been working in various Estonia and Baltic region media. Presently he covers domestic and security affairs for the Estonian News division of the First Baltic Channel.
- Organiser: Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES)
- Contact person: Jevgenija Gehsbarga
- Phone: 018 471 1630
The talk will cover the issue of Russian language mass media in Estonia and about how they reflect the present situation and the evolution of the Russian ethnic minority in the country.