Why Putin went to war: ideology, interests and decision-making in the Russian use of force in Crimea and Donbas
- Datum: 04 april, kl. 15.15–17.00
- Plats: Uppsala Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies Gamla Torget 3, 3rd floor, UCRS Library
- Föreläsare: Tor Bukkvoll is a Senior Research Fellow at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment. He has studied political developments in Russia and Ukraine since the mid-1990s, especially in the areas of defence and security. He speaks Russian and Ukrainian, and obtained his PhD from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Bukkvoll was a visiting research fellow at the Changing Character of War program at the University of Oxford in 2008, worked as an associate professor of international relations at the Norwegian Military Academy 1996-1999, and has previously also worked at Fafo Institute for Applied International Studies and the Peace Research Institute of Oslo (PRIO).
- Arrangör: Uppsala Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Kontaktperson: Jevgenija Gehsbarga
- Telefon: 018 471 1630
In his talk, Bukkvoll will give an account based on structural, institutional, ideational and psychological logics of explanation for why Russia decided to use military force against Ukraine in 2014.