Multidisciplinary research – challenges and possibilities
- Datum: 2017-09-26 kl 15:15 – 17:00
- Plats: Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES) Gamla toget 3, 3 vån, IRES Bibliotek
- Föreläsare: Elena Namli is Professor of Ethics at the Faculty of Theology and one of the three research directors at IRES. Matthew Kott is one of the three research directors at IRES. Elias Götz is a PostDoc researcher at IRES.
- Arrangör: Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES)
- Kontaktperson: Jevgenija Gehsbarga
- Telefon: 018 471 1630
Doing research in a multidisciplinary, area studies environment such as the Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies offers numerous stimulating opportunities, but also several challenges. Three of our researchers, Elena Namli, Elias Götz, and Matthew Kott, will introduce a discussion with colleagues on the various methodological aspects of our research field.
What does it entail to study a region? Does multidiciplinarity lead to methodological anarchy? In what ways can multidisciplinary research environments enrich the traditional academic disciplines? How do we seek to balance between scholarly rigour, on the one hand, and the political, moral, and ideological imperatives surrounding our particular field, on the other?