Disappearing numeral systems in Kanashi
- Datum: 23 maj, kl. 10.15–12.00
- Plats: Engelska parken Hugo Valentinrummet, Eng4-1020
- Föreläsare: Anju Saxena, Uppsala university
- Arrangör: Hugo Valentin centrum
- Kontaktperson: Robert Borges
Hugo Valentin open lecture series: Combatting Language Endangerment and Death Language activism and New Speakers
Anju Saxena is Professor of Linguistics at Uppsala University. The focus of her research is on language contact and on language documentation. This is reflected in her two current Swedish Research Council projects: “South Asia as a linguistic area? Exploring big-data methods in areal and genetic linguistics” and “Documentation of an endangered language: Kunashi”. She has served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of South Asian languages and linguistics (de Gruyter Mouton) and as the co-Series Editor of Brill’s Studies in South and Southwest Asian languages (Brill).