To Perceive Or to Conceive?: An Intuitionist Account of Religious Morality
- Datum: 25 maj, kl. 13.15–15.00
- Plats: Engelska parken Hus 1: 0062
- Föreläsare: Kevin Jung, Associate Professor of Christian Ethics at Wake Forest University School of Divinity.
- Arrangör: Teologiska institutionen och Teologiska fakulteten
- Kontaktperson: Per Sundman
Jung works at the intersection of moral philosophy and religious ethics, with research interests in moral epistemology and action theory. He is currently working on two research projects: one involving John Duns Scotus’s conception of autonomy and the other on the problem of self-deception.
He is the author of Christian Ethics and Commonsense Morality: An Intuitionist Account (Routledge, 2014), Ethical Theory and Responsibility Ethics (Peter Lang, 2011) as well as several journal articles. He is also the editor of Religious Ethics and Constructivism (Routledge, 2018) and the coeditor of Doing Justice to Mercy: Religion, Law, and Criminal Justice (University of Virginia Press, 2007) and Humanity Before God: Contemporary Faces of Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Ethics (Fortress Press, 2006).