Travelling Revolutionaries and Foreign Fighters: Between Myth and Reality?
- Date: –12:00
- Location: Blåsenhus Bertil Hammer salen
- Lecturer: Nir Arielli, Associate Professor of International History at the University of Leeds.
- Organiser: Uppsala Religion and Society Research Centre (CRS), CEMFOR and Department of Theology
- Contact person: Martha Middlemiss Lé Mon
– A lecture and seminar series in collaboration with CEMFOR
His most recent book, From Byron to bin Laden: A History of Foreign War Volunteers (Harvard University Press, 2018), makes a historian’s contribution to contemporary debates regarding the 'foreign fighter' phenomenon.
Last lecture in the Radicalisation-serie
9 May: How political violence became terrorism (and what that means for thinking about terrorism and radicalization today)