A Seminar Series: ”The emotional circus” - What do WE feel now? (Further steps to take)
- Date: –12:00
- Location: Observatorieparken Gamla Observatoriet, Kyrkogårdsgatan 8
- Organiser: Centre for Integrated Research on Culture and Society, Circus
- Contact person: Claes-Fredrik Helgesson
Seminar 4: What do WE feel now? (Further steps to take)
What shape do emotions take in different contexts and what influences what we can feel? Emotions are fascinating and elusive phenomena. Emotions have also emerged as a topic for research in a number of areas within the humanities and social sciences. The aim with the seminar series is to gather researchers within Uppsala University interested in studying emotions. We simply want to learn to know one another and to generate a collective overview of how emotions is researched in different areas. We want furthermore to explore the possibility to develop further collaborations on the topic.
Initiators: Stina Bergman Blix, Ulrika Dahl, Annelie Drakman, Margaretha Fahlgren and Circus
Format: A few texts will be distributed ahead of each seminar. The seminars will be held in English in the case there are participants who do not speak Swedish.
Registration to the seminar
Seminar 4: 13 Jan 10.15-12.00 - What do WE feel now? (Further steps to take)
Please send a brief mail no later than 7 Jan to email@example.com indicating the following:
1) Suggestions of themes you would like to see for future seminars
2) Suggestions of readings you would like include. (Either references to specific works or broad indications, such as ”an interesting study of emotions in history” or "work on emotions and power")
3) Indications of seminar times that are really difficult (e.g. "Thursday mornings are really difficult for me”) - to facilitate scheduling.