Interdisciplinary possibilities, practices and challenges - seminar series, fourth seminar
- Datum: –15.00
- Plats: Zoom
- Arrangör: Centre for Integrated Research on Culture and Society (CIRCUS)
- Kontaktperson: Ingrid Berg
Välkommen till Circus seminarieserie: Tvärvetenskapliga möjligheter, praxis och utmaningar. Vårt fjärde seminarium heter Karriär - Tvärvetenskap, att skriva och publicera (på engelska).
In this seminar we explore interdisciplinarity through the lens of writing and publishing. We discuss the issues of where (and what) to publish and how we write (and cite) ourselves into a scholarly conversation. These issues are always crucial parts of doing academic work. Yet, they take on an additional salience when you want to traverse disciplinary boundaries. The seminar particularly focuses on how these the challenges play out for junior faculty venturing into interdisciplinary terrains. Before the seminar, we read a couple of texts related to interdisciplinary writing and publishing. The texts will be distributed beforehand to those who register for the seminar.
We will host the Spring seminars entirely on zoom until further notice. A link will be sent to registered participants ahead of the seminar.
Registration is closed.
About the seminar series
Interdisciplinary possibilities, practices and challenges is an exploratory seminar series. The aim of the seminar series is to expand our collaborative understanding of different aspects of performing interdisciplinary research. The series is meant to be a collectively maintained venue for discussing the practices, challenges, and opportunities with cross-disciplinary research endeavours.
The seminars are open to anyone curios about doing research across disciplinary boundaries. The series have a few recurrent themes, where you can choose to follow all of the seminars or focus on seminars on a specific theme.
• Practices and skills: seminars designed to discuss various skill-sets and practices specific to working in interdisciplinary contexts. Topics include collaborative writing, seminar cultures, publishing strategies, developing research ideas and grant applications etc.
• Career: seminaries designed for early career researchers who are already working across disciplines or who are interested in initiating interdisciplinary research. Topics include careers paths, challenges in switching disciplines, professional identity and self-imagery etc.
• Leadership: seminars designed for principal investigators, project leaders and participants in interdisciplinary collaborative projects. Topics include challenges and practices in leading a cross-disciplinary research group, designing and developing group cohesion etc.